[mrtg] Re: 14all.cgi & routers.cgi very slow

bwoodcoc bwoodcoc at genuity.com
Wed Dec 18 15:34:56 MET 2002

Hi Eric,

Performance is related to the number of objects contained within the config
file. One solution is to build dummy configs on the fly so the call to
14all has an abbreviated config (one interface) AND the pointer to the rrd
direct. A bridge cgi to 14all if you will. With this you get a direct graph
build for the single interface. The issues with this is that you require to
build the config parser to produce the dummy, then also a navigation
technique for interfaces.

I've got this (via web alarms or topology graphics) but it is specific to
my set up so it is not likely to help you. I hope to share at some point
but I'm caught up with my managers/PR/Legal questions so far :-(. Also I do
not collect on all interfaces, only those which either have an ip or
learned neighbor via cdp. This cuts down on the ports to only those
providing infrastructure connections. But if you need ALL ports then it is
a different game. The technique will still work....but you need to build it.

cheers,
brad...

cheers,
brad...