[mrtg] Re: mrtg/rrd/14all.cgi and averages below 1

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Wed Dec 18 17:49:05 MET 2002

}We are graphing content rule hits from a Cisco 11K load
}balancer. The snmp
}oid we are reading returns a counter and we are polling every
}5 minutes with
}mrtg.
}
}When the average calculated is greater than 1 per second the graph is
}correct, but for instances when the average is less than 1 the
}graphs show
}bizarre figures like 200m or 300m and the average percentage of 0.73%.
}
}Why is this?

In this context the "m" in 200m and 300m refers to a unit of milli.
So you had .2 and .3 rule hits/sec over the five minute average. So
the numbers are accurate, but the units are a little confusing. If
you don't like this, try adding:

Options[target_name]: perminute

to your config. This will result in a "rule hits/minute" statistic
instead of "rule hits/sec."

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- Size: 2k (2191 bytes)