[mrtg] MRTG WIN NT config problems (fwd)

rafael e otten rotten01 at cs.fiu.edu
Wed Dec 18 18:05:31 MET 2002

	Hello All

	I would like to ask you for your help since you have written about MRTG and WIN NT and might be able to solve my problem

	I am trying to setup MRTG to monitor a NT 4.0 Server.

	Before I state where I am stalled I want to tell you what I want to monitor just to make sure that this is possible. I would like to monitor my network traffic, my CPU utilization and RAM utilization. Is this possible?

	Now where I am currently stalled.

	I have Installed SNMP service

	I have installed the latest service pack 6a.

	I have installed the Resource Kit

	I have Installed SNMP4NT

	I have Installed GETIF

	Now On to the fun part: Trouble shooting.

	I am pretty sure that my SNMP is working because when I pass my NT’s IP Address as the host name in GETIF and push start it doesn’t complain. i.e. It Doesn’t say “No SNMP response from <ipaddress>”.

	From that it sounds like my SNMP is good on that computer. The next thing is where I think the answer my be. In GETIF when I try walk on any OID I get nothing returned.

	I was also testing using snmputil and it is not working

	I tried “snmputil getnext 192.192.1.31 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.77.1” And  “snmputil getnext 192.192.1.31 public .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1”

	I will get the following Error “Error: Invalid OID specified .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1”

	That is all the trouble shooting Information I have.

	I have a feeling this has something to do with my MIB files.

	Could that be the problem, and if it is please explain in a low level because I am not that familiar with them.

	Thank you

	Rafael Otten