[mrtg] Re: --no-down

Perry, Duane PerryD at missouri.edu
Fri Feb 1 16:04:00 MET 2002

This is similar to a one line perl command I use a great deal in
manipulating my MRTG config files.  This command will find and replace
strings in as many files as you want.  Of course this power can do
horribly destructive things as well as good things, be careful.  The
-i.bak creates a backup of the original file in case you mess up.

Perl -e 's/string to match/replacement or blank/gi' -p -i.bak
filename.ext

Duane Perry
University of Missouri