[mrtg] Re: --no-down

Leonard Miller Leonard_Miller at udlp.com
Fri Feb 1 17:14:36 MET 2002

Everybody,
Thanks for all the help.  I probably won't get time to work with it
until Monday.
But I will let you know one way or the other.

I wasn't trying to come off as an ass.  If I did, I apologize. But the
pinhead
that worked here before me never labeled the 12 fiber connections to
the
6 switches I have in one of the buildings here.  You can probably
imagine how
that's going with no documentation.

Have a good weekend.

>>> "Perry, Duane" <PerryD at missouri.edu> 02/01/02 10:04AM >>>

This is similar to a one line perl command I use a great deal in
manipulating my MRTG config files.  This command will find and replace
strings in as many files as you want.  Of course this power can do
horribly destructive things as well as good things, be careful.  The
-i.bak creates a backup of the original file in case you mess up.

Perl -e 's/string to match/replacement or blank/gi' -p -i.bak
filename.ext

Duane Perry
University of Missouri