[mrtg] External snmp script?

Eric Persson eric at persson.tm
Sat Feb 2 13:20:49 MET 2002

Hi !

This might be a bit off-topic, but I'll give it a shot, since I will use
mrtg for this. I have a loaded webserver on a remote location. I would
like to make graphs of the number of users logged on to a website on the
machine. Since I do not want to have mrtg on that box, I have another
box for this purpose.

The question is, how do I make mrtg able to get what I want (with snmp?)
from that other box? I could do some script to provide the information,
but what do I after that? I saw the possibility to run external scripts
as targets, but that seems to require that mrtg is on the same box.

This might be more of a snmprelated question...

Any hints?

/eric
--
[ eric persson | eric at persson.tm | www.persson.tm ]