[mrtg] Re: How to configure MRTG through a firewall

James Overbeck grendel at interq.ad.jp
Wed Feb 6 16:12:37 MET 2002

Easiest for me to think in Foundry ACL right now but here it is off the top
of my head. This would go on the interface facing out to the world at large.
It describes the holes you'd need to open.

ip access-list extended outgoing
 permit udp any any eq 161

ip access-list extended incoming
 permit udp any eq 161 any

You need to allow in packets from UDP port 161, and allow out UDP packets
destined for 161. Hope you don't have NAT running though.

Best regards,
James