[mrtg] Re: Mr. Daemon turns .JPG into .PNG

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 9 07:31:32 MET 2002

Yesterday Paul C. Williamson wrote:

> The option to build either jpg or png existed before 2.9.17, but
> as of 2.9.17, there was only png.  This comes from Unisys saying
> that if you create jpg files, you need to pay a royalty to us.
> You can use jpgs, but can't produce them.  PNG files have no such
> restrictions.

There never was an option to create jpg ... (jpg is not siutable
for line graphics, it is for photos) ... OTOH, mrtg can create GIF
graphics if the gdlib present on your system supports this. The
configure script tests which version of libgd is present on your
system and acts acordingly ...

the Unisys thing above applies to GIF and not JPG

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland