[mrtg] iView vs MRTG

Sawyer, David david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Thu Feb 14 17:34:19 MET 2002

I have been looking at iView and they seem to graph different values to what
MRTG is.

The red line in the iView graph is the same device that's on the RRDTool
graph.

 <<cisco-cpu.png>>  <<iView.png>>

I don't have any dealing with the iView program, somebody informed me that
the CPU usage is maxing at 70% but my MRTG graphs are maxing at only 38%

Does anybody use iView who can comment on this?

I believe the MRTG graphs as that is directly asking the device for the CPU
usage, I don't know how iView get the values or what it does to the values
before it creates the graphs.

Thanks for any input to this

David Sawyer

BTW
The MRTG+RRDtool graphs are far superior :-)

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Size: 5k (5810 bytes)

-- Type: application/octet-stream