[mrtg] Re: Big Trouble

Barber, Erik A. Barber.Erik at mayo.edu
Fri Feb 22 23:58:46 MET 2002

Hello,

The easiest solution would be to use the --ifref=descr option when making
the config with cfgmaker.  Doing this MRTG will use the interface name
(example f0/1) instead of the interface number.

An example would be....

cfgmaker --ifref=descr public at myrouter

This is assuming that you're using a newer version of MRTG, I think at least
2.9.x.

Another hint, when making configs for Catalyst switches (COS, not IOS
based), use --ifref=name.

Erik