[mrtg] Re: [rrd-users] more than two targets on a graph

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Feb 23 01:24:33 MET 2002

That's because you are still using MRTG to collect the
data.  I think cricket can combine multiple RRAs from
different RRDs, but if you are using MRTG as the
collection medium, and 14all to display, you might as
well roll your own.  That combination will not get
you more than two targets per graph with serious
modification.

Paul

>>> "Messineo, Chris - eSpeed" <CMessineo at espeed.com> 02/22/02 16:36 PM >>>

I have searched everywhere I could think of, and now I must bother you fine
people..

I need to have more than two targets on one graph. Every body says to use
rrdtool. I am using rrdtool. But nowhere do I see a example of someone using
MRTG with RRDTool as a backend having more than two targets on a graph. So
can anybody send me a example of what to do to get three or four targets on
one graph?

If it makes a difference i am running MRTG on a FreeBSD box using 14all as
the front end

thanks alot
--
Chris Messineo, Network Operations
Cantor Fitzgerald/eSpeed Inc
Pager: (917) 752-8916 / 9177528916 at my2way.com

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments, if any, are confidential. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the sole property of eSpeed, Inc.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omisions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We make no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).

For further important information, please see http://www.espeed.com/full-disclaimer.html