[mrtg] FW: missed snmp poll problem?

Haspers list at haspers.nl
Tue Feb 26 17:54:43 MET 2002

Hi,

we are also seeing some spikes (up to 80.0 Mbps!!) on some interfaces. We
are monitoring these interfaces with an older version of MRTG as well to
monitor these interfaces and no spikes occur on these graphs. We know for
sure that there wasn't that much traffic, cause the other end of the same
line (interface line is connected to), doesn't show these spikes. This
currently looks like occuring only at one Catalyst 2924XL, and sometimes
occurs twice a day.
This won't be a 32bit counter rollover as fat as we can see, also because
traffic on these interfaces isn't much.

Maybe there is a minor bug in v2.9.18pre1? Running on Win2K btw.

Rolph