[mrtg] Re: Moving MRTG from one server to another

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Feb 26 20:48:27 MET 2002

Yep.  Before completely removing MRTG from the old box, test the
new installation first.  You may have ACLs that need to be updated
to accept requests from the new machine if it is going to have a different address.  Other than that, you should be ok.

Paul

>>> "Waltman, Adam" <AWaltman at anacomp.com> 02/26/02 02:20PM >>>
Hello,

I am sorry for the easy question.  I am in the middle of a move and don't
have a bunch of time to research so here's my question.

I want to move my MRTG config from one NT server to another.  I have my MRTG
in c:\mrtg-2.9.17 and the data in c:\stats directories.  If I just copy the
contents of those directories, re-install PERL on the new box and add
FireDaemon is that all I have to do?  I just want to make sure not to lose
the history of all the data collected.

Thanks in advance,

Adam