[mrtg] Re: Discard weekends?

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Feb 27 22:14:32 MET 2002

Don't do that, because MRTG will try to calculate all the "missed" intervals
in between.  Not to mention that your counters will most likely wrap in that
period (at least once, maybe more) Your only hope is to move to RRDTool and write your own algorithm or wait for me to finish mine.  My management
wants the exact same thing.  There's no real way to do this conveniently
with .log files.  There is a way with RRDTool, but it's very involved (at least
for me).  I don't know how long until I get my tool working, only because I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

Paul

>>> Frank Carreiro <fcarreiro at loweryinc.com> 02/27/02 03:43PM >>>

Hmmm....   If you a running MRTG as a cron job then simply schedule to
run around those times.  If as a daemon then I'm not sure if that's an
option.