[mrtg] MRTG Use of per Target Para 'Options[wxyz]: avgpeak

Jim Cliver jim.c at aptalaska.net
Thu Feb 28 22:04:29 MET 2002

Hello,

I am new to MRTG configuration but haven't had to much trouble until
attempting to use the Per Target Parameter 'Options[wxyz]: avgpeak'.  I
attempted to add this to a Cisco 7206 target. When I rerun the config
file I get the following:

WARNING: Option[nn.nn.nn.nn_20]: "avgpeak" is unknown
ERROR: Please fix the error(s) in your config file

I'm running mrtg-2.9.17 on a RH 7.1 machine using kernel 2.4.17.

Any assistance in getting this option up and running is greatly
appreciated!

Thank you,
jim

P.S.  I have checked the list archive and the newsgroup
comp.dcom.net-management with no joy.  Have also read the manual and
believe my usage to be correct (perhaps erroneously though?)