[mrtg] problems running cfgmaker in tcsh script

Jason Poley jpoley at co.santa-barbara.ca.us
Thu Jan 3 17:54:37 MET 2002

MRTG version 2.9.17
RedHad Linux release 7.1 Kernel 2.4.2-2
Perl version 5.6.0

I am having an interesting problem running cfgmaker in a shell script.  If I cut and paste the script to the shell prompt, everything works fine.  If run the shell script, it returns the Usage (help) file.  The only thing I can figure out is that Perl is handling the arguments differently if they are passed from a script.  I'm certainly no guru but have been using Perl for a long time and never heard of this.  Please help!

Here is the script in it's simplest form without the MANY routers that need to be added Script...

#!/bin/tcsh
cfgmaker --global "WorkDir: /home/apache/htdocs/mrtg"                           \
         --global "Options[_]: growright,bits" --ifref=descr                    \
         --ifdesc=alias --host-template=host.template --subdirs=HOSTNAME        \
         --output=/etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg.new public at rtrdowntown.co.sbcgov.net

Thanks for the help!

JDP

Jason D. Poley