[mrtg] Re: MAC ID -> IP

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jan 3 23:15:31 MET 2002

There are some options you can add to cfgmaker when you run it.
Here is the list:

 --ifref=nr        interface references by Interface Number (default)
 --ifref=ip                         ... by Ip Address
 --ifref=eth                        ... by Ethernet Number
 --ifref=descr                      ... by Interface Description
 --ifref=name                       ... by Interface Name
 --ifref=type                       ... by Interface Type
 --ifdesc=nr       interface description uses Interface Number (default)
 --ifdesc=ip                        ... uses Ip Address
 --ifdesc=eth                       ... uses Ethernet Number
 --ifdesc=descr                     ... uses Interface Description
 --ifdesc=name                      ... uses Interface Name
 --ifdesc=alias                     ... uses Interface Alias
 --ifdesc=type                      ... uses Interface Type

Using some combination of this will surely get you what you are looking for.

Paul

>>> "Daniel R . Kilbourne" <drk at netophilia.net> 01/03/02 05:07PM >>>

So, this is not directly mrtg related, but....

I am monitoring a few HP ProCurve switches at our co-lo center. I am able to do an snmpwalk on them, but have no console or telnet access to them. When I run cfgmaker against them, all I see for descriptions are things like "Traffic Analysis for 1"

Anyone have any ideas how I can get the IP address from each individual port? Is there a way to at least get the MAC ID and then match it up? Any ideas I am missing?

--
    Daniel R. Kilbourne
    drk at netophilia.net