[mrtg] Re: Comments getting us in trouble

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jan 4 05:17:52 MET 2002

Well then, it looks like they'll need to rewrite the
parser.  Even if they did show up in the png, you
can't parse it like you can an MRTG page.  It's "in"
the png.  You'll have to get them to write something
to go directly at the RRAs within the .rrd.  I had to
do the same thing with the talker script.  I was
parsing html pages, and when I moved to RRDTool, I had
to switch gears to against the rrds instead.  Much
more efficient in the long run to do it that way
anyway.

Paul
>>> Tuc <tuc at ttsg.com> 01/03/02 22:43 PM >>>

> You should be able to generate these lines using the PRINT statement
> in the grapher.  If the script uses "ds0" and "ds1" for the in vs. out
> datasource, you could do something like:
>
>     PRINT:ds0:MAX:"<!-- maxin d %.0lf -->"
>
> and similar lines.  Refer to the manual page describing "rrdtool graph".

	But isn't this going to show up in a .png or .gif?

	They need it in an .html which they can parse (They have a program that
does the parsing already).

		Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.