[mrtg] Re: Comments getting us in trouble

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Fri Jan 4 17:00:46 MET 2002

> Ah, didn't realize the restraints on data access.  Easiest solution
> is probably to add a print statement like Alex had said.

	Ok, thanks. Will try to find something that uses it so we can
see how its done....

> Another solution would be pretty simple to write a script to
> post the data to a web page, right?

	Yup, just would take time, knowledge, etc... (The time is
the easy part, it'd be billable to a customer... But the knowledge
is the hard part. 8-) )

> Do the people that need the access need it every 5 minutes?

	Yea. We never realized they hit the server like that... This isn't
a part of our offered services, and it was supposed to be a "FYI". That
was part of why we went to RRD and all, since it didn't rewrite all HTML
and redraw all graphs. For the amount of times we look at it, we'd incur the
temporary overhead, to stop the constant overhead.

> Or could you provide the 5 minute slices every hours or once
> a day or something?

	Every 5....SIGH...

	Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.