[mrtg] Cisco sub-interface OID question

Thurston, David DThurston at mvusd.k12.ca.us
Fri Jan 4 19:21:56 MET 2002

Hello All,

If this question exposes my complete ignorance of the Cisco router MIB,
please forgive me, but I'm a little confused about some of the information I
get when I browse the Cisco MIB in relation to various sub-interface
information. I am running a number of 2500, 2600, and 7500 series routers,
and each are configured with anywhere between 4 and 40 sub-interfaces for
our frame-relay links. These interfaces show up in the interface indices;
however, none of the sub-interfaces will provide information regarding the
various errors we're interested in. Is this common? Do I need a different
MIB complied in Getif in order to poll for this information? It's
troublesome, because cfgmaker picks up the interfaces when it creates the
config file for bytes in and out for the same interfaces, so I know a
distinction between the base interface and its sub-interfaces exists. Any
help anyone can provide regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David Thurston