[mrtg] Re: Cisco sub-interface OID question

Andreas Nolte anolte at ccietac.de
Sat Jan 5 18:09:21 MET 2002

Hi,

for Frame Relay it is the best to into the Frame Relay branch of MIB-2 (also called "transmission" branch).
There you will find all the information you need (BECN, FECN, packets per pvc, etc.)

I don't know the exact number at the moment, but I can give you more information on monday 7. January if you are interested.

Regards

Andreas

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:21:56 -0800
"Thurston, David" <DThurston at mvusd.k12.ca.us> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> If this question exposes my complete ignorance of the Cisco router MIB,
> please forgive me, but I'm a little confused about some of the information I
> get when I browse the Cisco MIB in relation to various sub-interface
> information. I am running a number of 2500, 2600, and 7500 series routers,
> and each are configured with anywhere between 4 and 40 sub-interfaces for
> our frame-relay links. These interfaces show up in the interface indices;
> however, none of the sub-interfaces will provide information regarding the
> various errors we're interested in. Is this common? Do I need a different
> MIB complied in Getif in order to poll for this information? It's
> troublesome, because cfgmaker picks up the interfaces when it creates the
> config file for bytes in and out for the same interfaces, so I know a
> distinction between the base interface and its sub-interfaces exists. Any
> help anyone can provide regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> David Thurston
>
> --

Andreas Nolte