[mrtg] Re: OID vs. MIB ?

Biron Laurent-R01199 Laurent.Biron at motorola.com
Tue Jan 8 17:32:51 MET 2002

Lars,
Get a MIBbrowser (GetIf for instance). This will allow you to browse the MIB and check the OID you want
to monitor. You'll get something like 1.3.6.1.4.42.1.5.4.1.6 and you'll have to add the instance (usually .0 if
you have only 1 NIC or CPU or ...)
Enter this in the cfg file at TARGET, (remember, you NEED 2 OIDs even if they're identical) and you should
be on track.

Hope this helps,
Laurent.