[mrtg] SNMP Problem

Udo Kohlmeyer ukohlmeyer at aosl.co.za
Fri Jan 11 10:18:17 MET 2002

Hi there,

I have a problem I don't know how to solve. I am running a Linux box, Red
Hat 7.2, as a router. I have 2 interfaces: 172.16.9.1 and 10.1.1.1 and of
course the 127.0.0.1 interface. When I start Mrtg I pick up all the
interfaces correctly and no errors are generated. Now as soon as I run Mrtg
with the config I get this error line:
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''

Yet, when I query the SNMP directly with Tkined/Scotty I get all the values
returned.

Has anybody have this problem before. I am a total beginner when it comes to
SNMP.

Please can somebody advise me on this problem.

Thanks

Udo