[mrtg] Re: Week numbering

hem at dmdata.dk hem at dmdata.dk
Fri Jan 11 13:55:56 MET 2002

hmmmm ... I tried the V, W and U option.

bot none of them work

I run 2.9.17 on an Windows 2000 server.

Anyone have an idea ?

- Henning

                    "Paul C.
                    Williamson"              To:     <hem at dmdata.dk>, <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                    <pwilliamson at mand        cc:
                    tbank.com>               Subject:     [mrtg] Re: Week numbering
                    Sent by:
                    mrtg-bounce at list.
                    ee.ethz.ch

                    11-01-02 13:36

Of course, that's the technical explanation.

The other explanation is that there are really 365 days
in a year, not 52 weeks.  Weeks are a convenience.
365 days works out to slightly more than 52 weeks.
So, that's the non-technical explanation.

BTW, the issue exists on RRDTool 1.0.33 and MRTG 2.9.12
running on RedHat Linux 6.2, 7.1, and 7.2

Paul

>>> <hem at dmdata.dk> 01/11/02 07:07 AM >>>

Here is the info i got from tobi

Thnx tobi
----- Forwarded by Henning Markussen/DMDATA on 11-01-02 13:01 -----

                    Tobias
                    Oetiker              To:     hem at dmdata.dk
                    <oetiker at ee.e        cc:
                    thz.ch>              Subject:     Re: Week numbering

                    11-01-02
                    12:32

Today hem at dmdata.dk wrote:

> My weekly graphs fell over from week 52 to 00.
>
> I use version 2.9.17 on a Windows 2000 Server.
>
> Is there a way to fix that ?

you can specify the weeknumbering notation to be used ... check

     %U    Week number of year as a decimal number [00,53],  with
           Sunday as the first day of week 1.

     %V    The ISO 8601 week number as a decimal number  [01,53].
           In  the  ISO  8601 week-based system, weeks begin on a
           Monday and week  1  of  the  year  is  the  week  that
           includes  both  January  4th and the first Thursday of
           the year.  If the first Monday of January is the  2nd,
           3rd,  or  4th, the preceding days are part of the last
           week of the preceding year.  See NOTES below.

this depends on your OS strftime implementation though ...

check the reference.html

cheer
tobi