[mrtg] Graph differences

Lars Holmström lars.holmstrom at flysta.net
Sun Jan 13 10:54:35 MET 2002

I would like to graph the differences between two targets.

One is the difference between two SNMP results. I tried this :
Target[192.168.101.1_987]: 4:public at 192.168.101.1 -
3:public at 192.168.99.1:
It give me the result of the first one only i.e. no substract is take
place.

The other is the differences between a SNMP counter and the output of a
shellscript that provide values using IPCHAINS
Target[bck]: `/usr/local/mrtg-2.9.17/bin/ipchainacc` +
-5:public at 192.168.99.1:
It give me twice the figures of the first entry, the SNMP counters.

The MRTG reference says;
"You can also use several statements in a mathematical expression."
"Note the whitespace arround the target definitions"

It is not said if you can use other matamatical expressions that
addidtion, but I assume so. I also added the whitespace, as stated.

Can some one tell me how to correct these errors ?

Brgds,
Lars