[mrtg] Monitoring several IPs on a Win2k server

Paul Farrar paul.farrar at fernhart.com
Tue Jan 15 17:51:53 MET 2002

Hi,

Please please please help. I have been trying to get this working for over a
week and my brain is getting ready to explode from it.

I want to run MRTG on a Win2k server to monitor several IPs.

I have a Win2k server which has several IP addresses applied to it. Each IP
address corresponds to a separate website that is being served using IIS5. I
want to use MRTG to produce a report on the bandwidth that is being used by
each of these websites.

Can this be done and if so how?

I have tried countless attempts at getting the config file right and have
failed. I have managed to monitor the total bandwidth used by the server but
this is not what I want.

I have looked all over Google and the web to find out how to do this and
have been unsuccessful.

Please please help. Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Paul Farrar
Email: paul.farrar at fernhart.com
Fernhart New Media Limited,
Cygnet House,
12/14 Sydenham Road,
Croydon,
CR0 2EE
Tel +44 (0) 208 253 0210, Fax +44 (0) 208 253 0211,
Website: http://www.fernhart.com
material.
Any review, netransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the
contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk