[mrtg] what can MRTG do? (a newbee question)

Mohamed HAMOUCH mohamed.hamouch at cgey.com
Wed Jan 16 21:15:36 MET 2002

 Hi all,

The situation is that we have  a  great number of servers ( NT , Unix, Win 2000) that we want to supervise using the MRTG.  We want to install MRTG in a dedicated machine and collect different information from our servers.

  My question is : is it possible to do the following things with mrtg combined whith other utilities?

1- Is it possible to collect the CPU, RAM, "is a machine is alive (ping)", information about the remaining space on hard drives?

2- Can MRTG gather alerts if one or more things above are in a critical condition ?

3- If it's possible, so what we need else to accomplish this ?

 Thanks for anyone who want share information with us.

./Mohamed.