[mrtg] Re: Help - 95 percentile calculation running 2.9.17 on Windows 2000

Barry_Young at interliant.com Barry_Young at interliant.com
Thu Jan 17 10:42:46 MET 2002

The patch is relatively easier to apply and can be done manually if all
else fails.  If you view the patch file, you should see that it is a simple
case of adding the appropriate lines of code into the existing MRTG perl
script.

However, I have tried the 95.pl script under Windows and I think there are
differences in the way that it operates.  As far as I can see, the script
locates the MRTG log files and attempts to read them in for building up the
95th percentile.  However the script for identifying all the pertinent
files in the directory is written for Unix and I have been unable to get it
to work under Windows (must admit I didn't spend a great deal of time on it
and my Perl knowledge is pretty low, so it is probably possible to adjust
if you know what you are doing).

If anyone has a working script for Windows I would be very appreciative.

Regards,

                      "Roger"
                      <roger1618 at yahoo         To:      "mrtg" <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [mrtg] Help - 95 percentile calculation running 2.9.17 on
                      mrtg-bounce at list         Windows 2000
                      .ee.ethz.ch

                      17/01/2002 07:01

Hi all,

I have installed MRTG version 2.9.17 recently on a system running Windows
2000 Professional. The system has Apache 1.3.22 and ActivePerl 5.6.1
installed as well. After several days of reading and trying, I have finally
got it to work. My new obstacle now is to utilize MRTG to perform
95-percentile calculation. I have gone through a couple days of researching
on this topic but could only find related information supporting UNIX. The
only thing that I could understand better was information provided in Sean
Adams website (http://www.seanadams.com/95/). However, I don't know how to
patch the hack that he has posted. Would someone please help me with this?
If you know other solutions, please let me know as well.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

This message contains information intended only for named recipients.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it from your
system and notify the sender immediately by e-mail.
Information transmission via email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. The sender does not accept liability for errors or omissions in
the contents of this message arising as a result of e-mail transmission
problems.