[mrtg] Re: Graph spikes with RRD log format

Greg Reaume greg at reaume.name
Thu Jul 4 15:47:18 MEST 2002

I'm just monitoring standard routers: BytesIn, BytesOut.  I'm only
missing two or three samples while the router is unreachable.  When I am
able to reach it, the first sample is a huge spike in the order of
6-10Mbps.  This doesn't always happen, usually only when the link is
down in the middle of the day over more than one sampling interval.

Any ideas?

Greg Reaume

Network Analyst
Cowan Dalton Inc