[mrtg] SQL OID Question

Max Kipness II mkipness at aztechsolutions.com
Wed Jul 10 14:32:14 MEST 2002

Hi All -

I have a counter for SQL 7 that counts number of batch processes. This
number increments as batch processes are run. So it is around 675 now,
and next time a batch is run it will move to 676, etc. What would be the
proper way to setup MRTG if I want to graph the maximum number of
batches run in each 5 minute poll? If I set it up as a counter, it
subtracts the difference, and then divides by 300 giving me a decimal. I
just want the actual batches that are run each 5 minutes.

I know I can create a custom script to do this, but is there any other
way?
Thanks - Max