[mrtg] Re: please, monitoring win2k, i need help!

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jul 18 22:58:39 MEST 2002

Good point, Steve.  Misreading is killing me.

Add the option perminute and multiply the result you get by 60 and
you'll have close to the actual data.  Like Steve says, MRTG does
rates of change between times, not actual values over a given
period of time.

Paul

At 7/18/02 - 05:31 PM, Marcio Teixeira Ferreira wrote:
>could someone please help me, I am already thinking in suicide, heres the >deal: I installed the snmp4w2k package in the server, I used solarwinds >mib browser to query the server and discovered, like the terminal services
>OID 1.3.6.1.4.311.1.1.3.1.1.13.2 returns me the number of connections(this >using solarwinds mib browser), it does not give me any error message.

>and run it, but all that mrtg gives me is a onstant graphic, always at
>value 1.o, no matter the number of actual connections

Marcio,

I'm guessing the number you're getting from the OID is fairly
small.  Remember that MRTG averages the value over a 5 minute period so it divides by 300.

Check out:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html#item_perminute
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html#item_perhour
These will adjust the values and probably give you some meaningful numbers.

Good luck!
Steve

-
\__ \      |   /                       Network Analyst - Data Systems Group
____/TEVE  |_|_\OWE               Information Technology - Sheridan College
                                     Trafalgar Campus - Oakville, ON, Canada
steve.rowe at sheridanc.on.ca                                         ./\.
Phone: 905-845-9430 x2032       ICQ:                            _|\|  |/|_
http://numb.sheridanc.on.ca   14509731                          \        /