[mrtg] Re: Unable to monitor exchange

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Tue Jul 23 11:28:43 MEST 2002

Andy,

What version of Exchange are you using? I am able to monitor
Exchange 5.5, but not Exchange 2000 :-( The error you receive
indicates that the entry doesn't exist at your Exchange server.

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Lewis [mailto:Alewis at greenfield.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 6:27 PM
To: MRTG at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Unable to monitor exchange

I am having great difficulty in monitoring Exchange. When I
use Getif, I can read counters and such on over 5000 items.
When it comes to the Exchange portion of the MIB tree
however, I get no returns what so ever. I match the OID with
several examples I have found on the web as well as what
Getif says but nothing. I have all of the MIB's loaded. When
I run SNMPUTIL I get the following error: errorStatus=2
errorindex=1. I have tried it with instances on the end and
not but nothing returns a value. Can anyone point out what I
am doing wrong?

Thanks for any and all help,

Andy Lewis
Network Analyst