[mrtg] AW: HP JetDirect question (yes, read thru all the threads in the archive..)

Darren E. Broder dbroder at capcollege.bc.ca
Mon Jul 29 19:31:06 MEST 2002

Hi All.

We use HP JetDirect units with, for the most part, Lexmark printers.  We
have a few different JetDirect models -- the 300X, 2591A and 170X make up
the bulk of our units for a total of about 80 printers.  (BTW, don't buy the
170Xs.. not flash-upgradable!  OOPS!)

For the life of me, I've been unable to find any OID for 'pages printed'.
In fact, I'm not able to get anything useful out of these things as far as
SNMP is concerned.  (packets and bytes are about it...)

The OID '1.3.6.1.2.1.43.10.2.1.4.1.1' is not available in the JetDirects I
have.  :(

So, does anyone know if this OID (and other useful ones) are only available
in certain models of JetDirects?  Or, can anyone shed some light on HP's
implementation of SNMP for their JetDirects?

I've upgraded most of my JetDirects to the latest firmware, but there is no
difference in the SNMP...

Thanks everyone!
Darren.