[mrtg] Problems with MRTG or SNMP with Solaris 8

Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDSEL314 Matt.M.Garrett at is.shell.com
Tue Jul 30 14:12:19 MEST 2002

Folks

Sorry for the cross post , really not sure where the problem lies.
I have Sun Solaris server and clients, both run ucd-snmp 4.2.4

Server is running mrtg 2.9.21

Trying to monitor cpu load

I get the following error from mrtg

# /local/mrtg/bin/mrtg /local/mrtg/conf/mrtg.conf
Unknown SNMP var ssCpuRawUser.0
 at /local/mrtg/bin/mrtg line 1607
Unknown SNMP var ssCpuRawSystem.0
 at /local/mrtg/bin/mrtg line 1607
WARNING: Expected a number but got '0:03:14'
WARNING: Expected a number but got FIDONET
ERROR: Target[FIDONET-cpu][_IN_] ' $$target[1]{$mode} ' did not eval into
defined data
ERROR: Target[FIDONET-cpu][_OUT_] ' $$target[1]{$mode} ' did not eval into
defined data
WARNING: Skipping Update of FIDONET-cpu, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of FIDONET-cpu, outlast is not defined

As far as I can tell ssCpuRawUser does not work under Solaris 8 but what
should I be using instead.

Oh from the mrtg.conf file
Target[FIDONET-cpu]:ssCpuRawUser.0&ssCpuRawSystem.0:public at FIDONET

Thanks

Matt

Matthew Garrett
Unix System Support
Loirston House, Wellington Road, Altens, Aberdeen AB12 3BH

Tel: +44 (0)1224 21 7515 Other Tel: Internal 639 7515