[mrtg] Varying Port Speed reported

Alan Rader arader at finishline.com
Tue Jul 30 21:53:32 MEST 2002

I ran cfgmaker against our 6509, filled mostly with 48 port blades 10/100
ports.  I have noticed that it sets the Max speed to whatever might be
connected to that port.  So, ports that have printers in them are mostly
10/half here, the max speed will be 1250.0 kBytes/s which is 10Mb.  Ports
that are empty or are something with 100mb capable connections set maxspeed
as 12.5MBytes/s which I realize is 100Mb.

I am running 2.9.7.  What happens if I ever plug a Server into a port that a
printer used to be in, the max speed will be wrong.  Is there any easy
solution to this?

Thanks

Alan Rader
Finish Line, Inc.