[mrtg] Re: Graphing two serial interfaces

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Jun 3 16:36:31 MEST 2002

You need to add the two together.  Build a config with the individual
statistics being graphed like so:

Target[ezwf]: 1:public at router

Target[ezwf]: 2:public at router

Where 1 is the first serial interface and 2 is the second serial interface.

Then, (I think) you can do something like:

Target[ezwf]: 1:public at router + 2:public at router

And it should add In(1+2) for green and Out(1+2) for blue.

Paul

>>> "Hart, Kevin" <KHart at helixtechnology.com> 06/03/02 10:14AM >>>

Hello,

My apologies if this has been asked already but I've searched the archives
and have not found
the exact answer to this question.

I am curious as to how one would approach the problem of graphing the
aggregate traffic of
two serial interfaces on a router. Graphing the individual interfaces works
fine but I'm unclear
on how combine statistics of both interfaces into a single graph.

Specifically, I'm looking for combined inbound and combined outbound traffic
on one graph.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin