[mrtg] Somix, etc.

Brady, Jeff JBrady at midatlantic.aaa.com
Mon Jun 3 17:17:30 MEST 2002

Hi All,

I'm currently running MRTG under Windows NT as a personal project.  The same
pointy-haired Management that wouldn't give me time or a decent test server
now thinks it's the greatest thing they've ever seen (for this week).  Now
they want other tech's cross-trained in configuring it so that I'm not
'special' in case I'm out or quit or something.  They also want it quick,
easy and preferable graphical.  The first guy I tried to show had a
conniption when I open a command prompt.  Is anyone on the lists using a
Somix product or something similar (i.e.: commercial with support)?  Any
opinions would be helpful, they get a little twitchy around here when you
tell them there's no GUI or support contract.