[mrtg] Re: multiple cfg files in 14all.cgi script

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Wed Jun 5 14:38:50 MEST 2002

> maybe a bit off topic, but here goes....
>
> Is there possible to define several cfg files into 14all.cgi?

The way I get 14all.cgi to address multiple configs is to
put the config file name on the cgi-call along with the
other parameters (dir, etc).
Here's an example:

http://mywebserver.com/cgi-bin/14all.cgi?cfg=device.cfg&dir=coreswitch1/

That will generate an index of all the targets in device.cfg that have
their directories set to "coreswitch1".

http://mywebserver.com/cgi-bin/14all.cgi?cfg=moredevices.cfg&dir=anotherswitch/

That will generate an index of all the targets in moredevices.cfg with
dirs set to "anotherswitch".

http://mywebserver.com/cgi-bin/14all.cgi?cfg=blah.cfg

The above will show available directories in blah.cfg, if dirs are
being used.

> Also, Rainer Bawidamann tipped me about using this for resizing
> graph images: 14all*indexgraphsize[_]: 250 100
> (entered on top of the MRTG cfg file)
>
> If i try setting it to e.g 450 300, i dont see any difference
> in size on any graphs...
> It is surely bad configuration/syntax somewhere, so i hope
> someone are available to correct me.

I'm using the default size for my index graphs, so I can't help ya
here.