[mrtg] Re: Problems graphing data from external script

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Thu Jun 20 21:00:10 MEST 2002

> I can only get my graph to show anything if i use
> "options[img]: gauge", but it's not gauge type data, it's
> ever-increasing totals.
> When i don't use options gauge the graph just shows 0's.

For data of counter or integer type, you need to consider how quickly your
counter is incrementing.  If it's not incrementing by more than the number
of seconds in your polling period (usually 5 minutes=300 seconds) you will
get nothing in your graph.  Check out the "perminute" and "perhour" options
if this turns out to be the case.

-gabrielle
"It's been lovely, but I must scream now."
- mrtg questions sent to me privately will not be answered. -
- please use the list!                                      -

PS to the list:  That Beatles song is now running through my head
incessantly, thank you very much! ;)