[mrtg] Re: mrtg help

Adam Crosby acrosby at nps.k12.va.us
Thu Jun 20 22:11:40 MEST 2002

For windows perl scripts, you just associate a file type to perl.exe, or just run 'perl.exe c:\my\path\toscript.pl'
The #! stuff doesn't work / isn't necceasry in Windows, iirc.

Adam Crosby
District Systems Engineer
Norfolk Public Schools
(757) 628-3450

>>> Jim Horwath <jhorwath at agere.com> 06/20/02 10:57AM >>>

Perl is an interrupted language and doesn't need to be compiled.  You
need to download active state or another version of perl for a WinTel
platform.  Once you have perl in stalled on your system you need to
download and install the SNMP module.  Next change the first line of
your program to something like #!c:\activestate\perl\bin\perl

Hope this helps.

Jim