[mrtg] ANN: 14all v1.1p20 (BETA)

Rainer Bawidamann rainer.bawidamann at web.de
Fri Jun 21 00:44:20 MEST 2002

Hi everyone!

I don't know what happened to me this evening but I made a BIG patch to
14all. I implemented an idea Tobi had a long time ago about a performance
improvement. It is about 14all running under speedyCGI or mod_perl and BIG
config files (like the one with 2.8 Meg a guy talked about on this list
lately - strange!).

I don't have a big config file to test nor do I use any option of mrtg so
I expect to get many bug reports. That's why I call it BETA so I can ignore
these mails ;-)

As some people noticed (101 downloads !!!) 14all is now on sourceforge. CVS
is now running too so if anybody wants to hack on 14all send me a note. Be
careful - I will look at your patches!

But now for the real thing: 14all.cgi is out in version 1.1p20. No new
options, even not an update to the current mrtg options (who needs them?).
Just a little performance improvment with big config files. I think I've
said that before. Get the CGI here:

http://my14all.sourceforge.net/

or get the tarball with documentation (nothing changed here):

Again: Treat it as UNTESTED and BETA. I.e. test it and send me patches for
the bugs. TEST IT BEFORE USING IT ON YOUR PRODUCTION SYSTEM! Thanks.

Yours, Rainer