[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker -more options ?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Jun 25 03:15:45 MEST 2002

No, but it can give you the framework to put in your own OIDs.

What is the OS of the device you want to monitor?  That will govern
what OID you use to query the device.  Just make sure that your
target definition is different for your cpu (you can call your target
anything, but I usually call it devicename.cpu or something).

An example for a Netware cpu config would be:

#---------------------------------------------------------------

Target[x.x.x.x.cpu]: 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1&1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.2:public@
x.x.x.x
WithPeak[x.x.x.x.cpu]: wmy
YLegend[x.x.x.x.cpu]: CPU Utilization
ShortLegend[x.x.x.x.cpu]: %
MaxBytes[x.x.x.x.cpu]: 100
Background[x.x.x.x.cpu]: #C0C0C0
Options[x.x.x.x.cpu]: nopercent, gauge
Unscaled:[x.x.x.x.cpu]: dwmy
AbsMax[x.x.x.x.cpu]: 100
Title[x.x.x.x.cpu]: ServerName CPU Busy time
Legend1[x.x.x.x.cpu]: Average 1 minute CPU 1 Utilization
Legend2[x.x.x.x.cpu]: Average 1 minute CPU 2 Utilization
Legend3[x.x.x.x.cpu]: Maximal 1 minute CPU 1 Utilization
Legend4[x.x.x.x.cpu]: Maximal 1 minute CPU 2 Utilization
LegendI[x.x.x.x.cpu]: CPU 1:
LegendO[x.x.x.x.cpu]: CPU 2:
PageTop[x.x.x.x.cpu]: <H1> ServerName CPU Utilization
 <BR></H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:</TD><TD>x.x.x.x </TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD><TD>M&T Telecom</TD></TR>
  </TABLE>

Paul

>>> Ross Tsolakidis <rtsolakidis at powerserve.com.au> 06/24/02 08:44PM >>>
Hi all,

I've setup mrtg and it's working, but I want to now monitor other things.
Such as cpu usage, etc..

Can the cfgmaker make a config for these ?
If so, can someone give me an example of how you would create a cfg for
monitoring your cpu load ?

Thanks :)

--
Ross.