[mrtg] bandwidth throughput graph in gigabytes of data

Chico Demetroff Chico.Demetroff at ArterHadden.com
Thu Jun 27 21:17:59 MEST 2002

hello all..

lets take the monthly graph.
http://www.stat.ee.ethz.ch/mrtg/rou-gw-switch-1-lp_172.20.0.25.html

i would like to know how much gig of data passed through this line for input and output for the current month.. i know how to do the math.. i think.. :P...  i can take the average input: 6744 and avg output: 272 and convert to mbit/sec and then multiply by (10 gb/mbit/sec {how mbit/sec transfered in a 1 day.. roughly..}     *    howmandays in the month) and get my GB throughput..  if i am wrong here plz correct me.. ;-]

so now for my 2 questions.

1. can something like rrdtool make a nice graphically representation by doing the math & producin the graph for you so ppl can just look at it and know?

2. lets say i have been running mrtg for the whole year and it's now December.. i want to figure out the GB throughput for each of the past months individually.. i just have the "base" mrtg going.. no rrdtool or other add-ons..etc.. is the data saved some where that i could go back and get these prior month calculations? or something?

any help that any1 can provide would be truly appreciated..

have a good day all.. ;D