[mrtg] Moving & Renaming MRTG Data Files

Randy Reigel (MSLI) rreigel at mslicense.com
Sat Jun 29 00:57:24 MEST 2002

I have finally configured MRTG to collect on everything I set out to
monitor.  In the process of learning, I started with a single
configuration file, and a single directory.  I have broken out the
various elements by category, creating separate configuration files and
directories for each category.  In the process of rewriting my separate
configuration files, I have (intentionally) renamed the files by
changing the names within the [brackets] in the configuration file.  I
am now looking for any guidance on the proper way to move my existing
data files to their new directories with their new names, thus
preserving my historical statistics.

Can someone shed some light on the best way to do this?

Thank you,

Randy Reigel

Network Engineer

(775) 823-5677