[mrtg] Re: MRTG and Linksys routers

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Sun Jun 30 04:18:31 MEST 2002

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 02:07:59PM -0500, Don R Maxwell wrote:

> OK, so it's bad form to respond to your own messages, but later I noticed
> you referenced two router models.
>
> The BEFSR41 does not have SNMP mgmt, but the BEFVP41 apparently does.

<Sigh> that was one of my questions... the BEFVP41 is *supposed* to have
an SNMP implementation which apparently does not work.  I was asking if
anyone had had any luck with it.

As for the BEFSR41, it does send messages to a trap... my question for
that was "Is there a script already written to get that info from the
trap and feed it to MRTG?"

> I noticed that MRTG picks up two interfaces on the BEFSR81, and it is the
> 2nd i/f that at least has the IN octets shown.

Most likely the WAN and LAN interfaces.

--
John Oliver                                    http://www.john-oliver.net/
joliver at john-oliver.net                    http://www.mrtg-monitoring.com/