[mrtg] startup on boot

hysteriaweb hysteriaweb at charter.net
Fri Mar 1 01:41:52 MET 2002

I wonder if anyone can explain this :

I have mrtg running on my server, I have it running on a
NetBSD box.

No I don't do anything cleaver, NetBSD has a rc.local file
which is run on boot and it just loads the daemons

And I have my line to kickstart mrtg, I make sure I do a
full path to app and a full path to conf file.

BUT I seem to be having problems when it goes to run
scripts that I call from mrtg. It can't seem to run them.

when I do the line and start from the console it runs just
fine.

The only thing I can think of is the permissions of the
scripts, but they seem to be r and x for everyone, does
mrtg need to change them? they wouldn't need to be w too
would they?