[mrtg] Re: SMS notification tools.

Palmer J.D.F. J.D.F.Palmer at Swansea.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 11:09:21 MET 2002

Hi,

Thanks all for your replies. :-)  I'm very grateful.

Well so far I have got Julien's suggestion 'SMSSend' to work successfully
which is pleasing, I will now try and investigate others to see if any of
them will dial direct to a service provider via a modem as obviously the web
based method assumes that your network is alive 'enough' to work.
We do have several links to the outside world which I can maybe put the SMS
sending machine on.

I did try SMSClient, but got pretty poor results, also there is GSMlib but
this requires you to have a GSM phone or GSM modem connected to the machine,
more point of failure and more expense. :-(

Once again thanks.

Jezz Palmer.