[mrtg] Multiplying Values by a Factor

Richard Cotrina rcc at speedy.net.pe
Thu Mar 7 18:50:34 MET 2002

Hello :

I need to multiply the mrtg values I get by a constant factor. In the
documentation I found the config directive : Factor[ ] , which multiply the
values shown below the graphs, but it does not multiply neither the graph
values nor the percent values.

How can I get the values multiplied and correctly displayed in the graph ?.

My config file looks like this :

Target[myrouter_subintf]: subintf:mycommunity at myrouter:
Factor[myrouter_subintf]: <constant_value>

Where subintf is the subinterface number I am monitoring. ( it is an integer
value ).

I have tried this config :

Target[myrouter_subintf]: subintf:mycommunity at myrouter: * <constant_value>

But the results are totally different than the ones I got when using the
Factor directive. I supose the constant value is understood as an Interface
number.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ins advance

Richard Cotrina