[mrtg] Re: MRTG Log File Format

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Mar 14 22:58:20 MET 2002

There are many permutations of this answer, but the short one is:

yes, that's one way to do it.

So you sent the message from a mobil device mounted on a bicycle? Cool!

Paul

>>> Robert Gahl <bgahl at fireclick.com> 03/14/02 04:42PM >>>

I've been looking through the web page on the file format generated by
mrtg. I've been given a requirement to generate an email that highlights
the maximum value for a given OID in the last 24 hours (cpu load, disk
space allocated, etc) for a set of machines.

So, my question is, do I grab the last 288 (60*24/5) values in the mrtg log file (stopping at either the end of the file or if I detect zero's), and look for the maximum values in that array in the last two columns, and then
report that? That is, is this were the "maximum" value comes from in the
graphs?

Thanks.

===
Bob Gahl Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile ||     @
   ARPA/Internet: bgahl at fireclick.com    ||  !_ \
"If you're trying to be politically correct you're like a chameleon
in front of a mirror. What can you say that won't be offensive to
somebody?" Robin Williams