[mrtg] Problem with MRTG counter - Help!

Seiya Lin cloudd at asia1.com
Fri Mar 15 02:39:54 MET 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to monitor our frame relay link performance by the FECN &
BECN. I used math to get the percentage.

When I monitor FECN & BECN only, I can monitor them using normal
counter.
But when I included the formula, I can't get the correct data.
I have experimented using all other counter options but they either
gave me no datas at all or they returned the first value over & over
again.

When I look @ the log, say, it looks like this now:
1016156238 98 100
1016156238 0 0 0 0
1016155938 0 0 0 0
1016155800 0 0 0 0

10 minutes later it will look like this:
1016156838 98 100
1016156838 0 0 0 0
1016156538 0 0 0 0
1016156238 0 0 0 0
1016155938 0 0 0 0
1016155800 0 0 0 0

Formula: (Sent Frames - FECN) / Sent Frames  * 100%

Below is my script. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this
scripts because I simply can't understand why it just doesn't work
when I included them in the formula. I'm quite frustrated trying to
figure this out.

Desperate,
Seiya Lin.

====================
# =======MRTG version 2.9.18pre1
WorkDir: C:\mrtg\log\FECN
RunAsDaemon: yes

# This script is intended to Compare FECN & BECN against in & Out
pkts.

# ============== Per Country Target ================
Options[_]: nobanner, growright, unknaszero, nopercent, gauge

Target[MEL]: ( 1 -
(frCircuitReceivedBECNs.17.110&frCircuitReceivedFECNs.17.110:public at 12
7.0.0.1/
frCircuitReceivedFrames.17.110&frCircuitSentFrames.17.110:public at 127.0
.0.1))*100
MaxBytes[MEL]: 100
Title[MEL]: Link Performance by FECN
PageTop[MEL]: Congestion rate</font></H1>
 <TABLE>
  </TABLE>